2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA
With its swooping, coupe-like lines, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA is unlike any four-door on the market. It’s agile and stands low like a coupe, yet seats second-row passengers comfortably. In 2016, the Mercedes-Benz CLA features some new design touches. The front-end has been slightly revised, featuring a new-look immaculate chrome-point grille and updated LED tail lamps. With three available models – the CLA 250, CLA 250 4MATIC® and AMG® CLA 45 – as well as a Sport Package, drivers have plenty of opportunities to customize the Mercedes-Benz CLA to meet their needs. Available features include sports accents, sport-tuned suspension, unique brake calipers and custom alloy wheels.
Inside, the Mercedes-Benz CLA’s cabin features elegant design principles, providing driver and passengers with premium comfort. From the flowing dashboard, to the premium materials, all the design details have been carefully considered. Choose from a range of optional leather upholstery choices, including Black, Brown or Ash, as well as Anthracite, wood grain or black aluminium accents. In addition, the cabin also features a number of coupe-like design details, including the high-back front bucket seats and exclusive silver-faced instrumentation. Convenience features like Cruise Control, driver memory system, automatic climate control, and an available Panorama sunroof maximize comfort, as well.
Utilizing some of the latest in-car technology, the Mercedes-Benz CLA delivers a truly connected driving experience. All models are equipped with a color LCD display. In the CLA 250 and CLA 250 4MATIC®, it’s a 5.8-inch high-resolution screen, while the AMG® CLA 45 slightly larger 7.0-inch screen. Drivers can customize the screen to fit their tastes. Standard and available technology features include:
- Telemetrics: The Mercedes-Benz CLA’s telemetry system includes Emergency SOS calling, Roadside Assistance, and more.
- COMAND® Navigation: Mercedes’ advanced navigation system, COMAND®, offers turn-by-turn directions and real-time traffic updates. Plus, the Mercedes-Benz CLA can be pre-wired for other navigation systems.
- Premium Audio: The available Harman Kardon surround sound system delivers immaculate sound quality.
- Multimedia Package: The optional multimedia package adds a DVD changer, a rearview camera, 10 GB music drive and more to the in-dash screen.
- Connected Listening: From SiriusXM and HD Radio, to audio streaming and MP3 connectivity, there are endless options for connecting to your favorite music.
- DriveStyle: DriveStyle connects your favorite apps to the Mercedes-Benz CLA’s entertainment screen, including Facebook and Twitter.
As a four-door coupe, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA delivers a premium driving experience. The Mercedes-Benz CLA is equipped with a 2.0L inline 4-cylinder with 208 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. The drive is impeccably smooth with confident acceleration. Plus, the standard engine delivers above-average fuel economy, receiving an estimated 24/32 MPG city/highway. The inline-4 can also be equipped with 4MATIC®, Mercedes’ advanced all-wheel-drive system. 4MATIC® improves traction by delivering torque independently to each wheel. The result is improved traction, optimized cornering and enhanced driving in slippery conditions. Drivers who want a bit more power can upgrade to the AMG® CLA 45, which features a hand built AMG® engine. The CLA 45’s 2.0L inline-4 has been tuned to achieve 375 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque.
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA is equipped with a variety of state-of-the-art safety technologies that maximize protection. COLLISION PREVENTION is a standard feature, which monitors the road for obstructions and applies braking to prevent accidents. Additionally, Blind Spot Monitoring and Lane Keep Assistance are options. Both of these systems utilize sensors to alert drivers of approaching vehicles and lane drifting. The Mercedes-Benz CLA also offers a suite of security tools, including a standard alarm, a theft tracking and alert system, a panic button, and remote entry systems.