How To Program your Mercedes-Benz HomeLink Garage Door Opener
Technology can be one of the most compelling reasons to buy a Mercedes-Benz. On top of being some of the best-built luxury cars on the market today, that technology has helped propel Mercedes into the stratosphere, giving them an edge over many of their competitors.
Yet, many of those features and functionalities require a good bit of setup in order to work properly. You’ve paid good money for access to that tech, so you might as well take the time to make it work for you.
You might think you need to bring your vehicle in to Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa to get something like the HomeLink Garage Door Opener programmed, for example. The truth, however, is that you can do it right from home.
Here are the steps you’ll need to set up your HomeLink Garage Door Opener:
- Clear all of your programmed buttons. To do this, you’re going to turn on your ignition and then press the first and third button on your rearview mirror simultaneously. Hold them for 20 seconds. (If you already have one of the buttons programmed for a door somewhere else, you can skip this step.)
- Choose the button you want to use to open the garage door. You’re going to push that button and hold it down until its indicator light comes on, turns yellow and starts to flash.
- Use your garage door opener to help program the button. Hold the hand-held garage door opener about one inch away from the button on your rearview mirror. You’re going to depress the button until the yellow light turns green or starts to flash green. This may take up to 25 seconds.
- Determine whether it was successful. If the light is now solid green, you’re all set. You can use the button you programmed to open your garage door. If the light is yellow or red, it means that you didn’t program the Mercedes-Benz HomeLink Garage Door opener successfully, and you’ll want to start over placing the door opener in a different position. If the light flashes green, continue to the next step.
- If the light is flashing green, sync the Mercedes-Benz HomeLink Garage Door opener with your door opener. This means you have a rolling code garage door opener system. Go to the garage door opener that’s mounted in your garage. You’ll be looking for a button labeled “training” or “smart,” and it’s often located on the backside of the opener.
- Within 30 seconds, press and release the button you want to program. You’re almost done. Return to your vehicle and press and release the button you’re trying to program. You will want to do this a total of three times.
One last note: make sure that your vehicle is turned on when you’re trying to program your Mercedes-Benz HomeLink Garage Door opener. If you’re having trouble getting everything to sync properly, feel free to give us a call at Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa or to check with your owner’s manual.